- MONGOOS – GOOS Regional Alliance
- MonGOOS data center
- International Coriolis in situ measurements
- Worldwide satellite AVISO altimetry portal
- Sentinel satellites.
with quick links to:
- synthetic aperture radar to locate illegal fishery and oil-spills, measure waves and sea-ice coverage.
- surface temperature radiometer to measure global sea-surface temperatures with a better accuracy than 0.3K
- colour instrument to measure the colour of the ocean, primarily to detect chlorophyll and thus to infer the presence of phytoplankton or algae
- dual-frequency advanced synthetic aperture radar altimeter to measure sea surface topography, significant wave height, surface wind speed, ice thickness
Data from satellites and in situ measurements are the basis of Thematic Assembly Centers which deliver two basic categories of services: digital map layers of observed parameters and oceanographic hindcasts, nowcasts and forecasts for the global ocean and Europe’s sea-basins.
and direct links to assembly centers